1 .Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms of Sale, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means a contract for the purchase and sale of Goods, as explained in Clause 7;
means the goods sold by Us through Our Site;
>means your order for Goods;
means Our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;
means the reference number for your Order; and
means Whtehill Spindle Tools Ltd , a company registered in England under 00346217, whose registered address is 2 Bolton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3HR
2. Information About Us
- Our Site, https://www.whitehill-tools.com, is owned and operated by Us. Our VAT number is GB 927150237.
- We are a member of the British Woodworking Federation, Woodworking Machinery Association and Made in Britain initiative.
3. Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice.We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
4. Business Customers and Consumers
- These Terms of Sale apply to business customers only.These Terms of Sale do not apply to individual consumers purchasing Goods for personal use (that is, not in connection with, or for use in, their trade, business, craft, or profession).
- These Terms of Sale constitute the entire agreement between Us and you with respect to your purchase of Goods from Us.You acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, assurance, or promise made by or on behalf of Us that is not set out in these Terms of Sale and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based upon any statement herein.
5. International Customers
We do deliver to countries outside of the UK, however we do ask that for large orders you contact us to confirm delivery costs.
6. Goods, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Goods available from Us correspond to the actual Goods.Please note, however, the following:
- Images of Goods are for illustrative purposes only.There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in device displays and lighting conditions;
- Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of Goods may vary.
- Due to the nature of the Goods sold through Our Site, there may be up to a variance in the design, size, capacity, dimensions,measurements and weight of those Goods between the actual Goods and the description.
- Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods, not to different Goods altogether.Please refer to Clause 10 if you receive incorrect Goods (i.e. Goods that are not as described).
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, colour and number of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- We cannot guarantee that Goods will always be available.Stock indications are provided on Our Site, however such indications are subject to confirmation once an order has been placed.
- Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain Goods between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and dispatching the Goods, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to address particular technical or security issues.Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the Goods and will not normally affect your use of those Goods.However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the Goods, suitable information will be provided to you.
- In some cases, as explained in the description of Goods on Our Site, more significant changes may be made to the Goods.If any such changes are made and will affect your Order, We will notify you in writing before the changes take effect and you will be given an opportunity to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof), and We will issue a refund for any Goods paid for but not received.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online.We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary.All pricing information is reviewed and updated every 3-6 Months. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed (please note sub-Clause 6.10 regarding VAT, however).
- All prices are checked by Us before We accept your Order.In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing to inform you of the mistake.If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your Order, We will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your Order.If the correct price is higher, We will give you the option to purchase the Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part of it).We will not proceed with processing your Order in this case until you respond.If We do not receive a response from you within five working days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of this in writing.
- In the event that the price of Goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
- Prices on Our Site are shown both exclusive of and inclusive of VAT.If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of Goods displayed on Our Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
7. Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process.Before submitting your Order you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it.Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- If, during the order process, you provide Us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact Us as soon as possible.If We are unable to process your Order due to incorrect or incomplete information, We will contact you to ask to correct it.If you do not give Us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of Our request, We will cancel your Order and treat the Contract as being at an end.If We incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, We may pass those costs on to you.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance.Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that We have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email.Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Your Order Number;
- Confirmation of the Goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Goods;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- Estimated delivery date(s);
- We will also include a paper copy of the Order Confirmation with your Goods.
- In the unlikely event that We do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order for any reason, We will explain why in writing.No payment will be taken under normal circumstances.If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 7 working days.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 7 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
- Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process.
- Payment must be made in full for your Order, without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction, or withholding (except where any deduction or withholding of tax is required by law).
- We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- On Account (This must be setup and agreed in advance);
9. Delivery, Risk and Ownership
- All Goods purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within 7 calendar days for UK (up to 14 calendar days for international orders) after the date of Our Order Confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the Order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of Our control, for which see Clause 12).
- If We are unable to deliver the Goods on the delivery date, the following will apply:
- If no one is available at your delivery address to receive the Goods and the Goods cannot be posted through your letterbox, or left in a safe place nominated by you, We will leave a delivery note explaining how to rearrange delivery or where to collect the Goods;
- If you do not collect the Goods or rearrange delivery within 4 working days, We will contact you to ask you how you wish to proceed.If We cannot contact you or arrange redelivery or collection, We will treat the Contract as cancelled and recover the Goods.If this happens, you will be refunded the purchase price of the Goods themselves, but not the cost of delivery.We may also bill you for any reasonable additional cost that We incur in recovering the Goods.
- In the unlikely event that We fail to deliver the Goods within the time specified in sub-Clause 9.1 after Our Order Confirmation (or as otherwise agreed or specified as under sub-Clause 10.1), if any of the following apply you may treat the Contract as being at an end immediately:
- We have refused to deliver your Goods; or
- In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential; or
- You told Us when ordering the Goods that delivery within that time period was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel under sub-Clause 9.3 or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date.If We fail to meet the new deadline, you may then treat the Contract as being at an end.
- You may cancel all or part of your Order under sub-Clauses 9.3 or 9.4 provided that separating the Goods in your Order would not significantly reduce their value.Any sums that you have already paid for cancelled Goods and their delivery will be refunded to you within 7 workings days.Please note that if any cancelled Goods are delivered to you, you must return them to Us or arrange with Us for their collection.In either case, We will bear the cost of returning the cancelled Goods.
- Delivery shall be deemed complete once We have delivered the Goods to the address including, where relevant, any alternative address you have provided.
- Ownership of the Goods passes to you once We have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
- Responsibility for (the risk in) the Goods will pass to you when delivery is complete, as defined in sub-Clause 9.6.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 9 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
10. Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
- We warrant that the Goods, on delivery, shall be as described; be free from material defects in design, material, and workmanship; be of satisfactory quality (as defined in the Sale of Goods Act 1979); and be fit for any purpose described by Us.
- If any Goods you have purchased do not comply, subject to sub-Clause 10.3 and your compliance with sub-Clauses 10.2.1 to 10.2.3, We shall, at Our option, repair the affected Goods, replace them, or issue you with a full refund for the price of the affected Goods.The following conditions shall apply:
- You must give us written notice of the non-compliance within a reasonable time of discovering it;
- You must return the Goods in question to Us at Our expense (see sub-Clause 10.6 for more information); and
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to examine the Goods in question.
- We will not be liable for any non-compliance with the provisions of sub-Clause 10.1 of any Goods if any of the following apply:
- You have made any further use of the affected Goods after giving Us written notice of the non-compliance under sub-Clause 10.2.1;
- The non-compliance has arisen as a result of your failure to follow Our instructions on the correct usage, maintenance, installation, storage of the affected Goods or, where no instructions are provided, your failure to follow good trade practice with respect to the same;
- The non-compliance has arisen as a direct result of any information (incorrect or otherwise) provided by you to Us;
- You have made any unauthorised alterations or repairs to the affected Goods; or
- The non-compliance is the result of normal wear and tear, deliberate damage, negligence, or abnormal or unsuitable working conditions.
- The terms of this Clause 10 shall also apply to any Goods which are repaired or replaced by Us under sub-Clause 10.2.
- Except as provided in this Clause 10, We shall have no further liability to you with respect to Goods which do not comply with sub-Clause 10.1.
- To return Goods to Us for any reason under this Clause 10, please visit your order history to complete a returns form.We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning Goods under this Clause 10 and will reimburse you where appropriate.
- Refunds (whether full or partial) under this Clause 10 will be issued within 7 working days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
- Any and all refunds issued under this Clause 10 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Goods were originally purchased.
- Refunds under this Clause 10 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
11. Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
- We understand there may be times when you no longer require goods. We offer you the option of returning goods purchased from Us within a 14 day period based on the following conditions in Clause 11.
- Please note for larger items such as standard blocks a 20% re-stocking fee will apply unless a replacement is required.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this Clause 11, you must inform Us of your decision within 7 working days from the date on which you received the order. To inform us of your wish to return goods, please visit your order history to complete a returns form.
- We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our Goods and services.
- Please note that you will lose your right to cancel under this Clause 11 in the following circumstances:
- If the Goods have been modified or custom-made for you;
- If the Goods have been used, modified or changed by yourself after you have received them.
- Please ensure that you return Goods to Us no more than 14 working days after the day on which you have informed Us that you wish to cancel under this Clause 11.
- You may return Goods to Us in person during Our business hours of 8:00am to 5pm or you may return them by post to Our returns address at 2-10 Bolton Road, Luton, LU1 3HR. Please note that you must bear the costs of returning Goods to Us if cancelling under this Clause 11. The cost of returning Goods to Us should not normally exceed the cost of having them originally delivered to you if you use the same carrier.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be issued to you within 14 working days from the day on which We receive the Goods back.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 may be subject to deductions in the following circumstances:
- Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the Goods resulting from your excessive handling of them. Please note that if We issue a refund before We have received the Goods and have had a chance to inspect them, We may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if We find that the Goods have been handled excessively.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
12. Our Liability
- Subject to sub-Clause 11.4, We will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, for any loss of business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with any contract between you and Us.
- Subject to sub-Clause 11.4, Our total liability to you for all other losses arising out of or in connection with any contract between you and Us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be no greater than 50% of the total sums paid by you for the Goods under the contract in question.
- Except to the extent expressly set out in sub-Clause 10.1, the terms implied by Sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and by Sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of the terms implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or Section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or for any other matter in respect of which liability cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
13. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control.Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 12 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms of Sale:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay;
- To the extent that We cannot minimise the delay, Our affected obligations under these Terms of Sale (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 15 working days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation.Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 7 working days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled and will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so in any way you wish, however for your convenience. Contact Us directly to cancel, please use the following details:
Telephone: +44 1582 736881;
Post: 2 Bolton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3HR;
In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 7 working days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled and will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
14. Communication and Contact Details
If you wish to contact Us with general questions, order related questions, cancellations or complaints, you may contact Us by telephone at +44 1582 736881, by email at email@example.com, or by post at 2 Bolton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3HR.
15. Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to give Us feedback on any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us in one of the following ways:
- In writing, addressed to e-Commerce Manager, 2 Bolton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3HR;
- By email, addressed to e-Commerce Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By contacting Us by telephone on +44 1582 736881.
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
17. Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business).If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing.Your rights under these Terms of Sale will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Sale will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us.It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Sale are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Sale.The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms of Sale means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Sale means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements.If We change these Terms of Sale as they relate to your Order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them.If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected Goods you have already received and We will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within 7 working days of your cancellation and will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
18. Law and Jurisdictio
- These Terms of Sale, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- Any disputes concerning these Terms of Sale, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.